Friday 12 April 2013

Reinstall Systems Centre Operations Manager 2012 SP1 Issues (SCOM)


I recently had to reinstall Systems Centre Operations Manager 2012, the initial install was done on the candidate release had no problems however on removing and reinstalling from the SP1 one release I thought I would share with you a couple of issues that arose. 
 
 Firstly the databases that are selected need to have a trading slash otherwise the install will fail as show below
 
 
 
 
 Secondly I continue to have a problem where the date warehouse would not install properly on examining the logs there was an issue with the data access layer.  I found the solution to this was to change the data access account from a local user account to a domain user account.  After making these changes the install completed successfully. 

 
 
 [22:10:45]: Info: :Info:trying to connect with server xxxxx
[22:10:52]: Info: :Info:Error while connecting to management server: The Data Access service is either not running or not yet initialized. Check the event log for more information.
[22:10:52]: Error: :Couldn't connect to mgt server stack: : Threw Exception.Type: Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.ServiceNotRunningException, Exception Error Code: 0x80131500, Exception.Message: The Data Access service is either not running or not yet initialized. Check the event log for more information.
[22:10:52]: Error: :StackTrace:   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ExceptionHandlers.HandleChannelExceptions(Exception ex)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.SdkDataLayerProxyCore.CreateEndpoint[T](EnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings connectionSettings, SdkChannelObject`1 channelObjectDispatcherService)
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello James,

    I'm new to SCOM and your blog is great!!

    I've been commissioned to reinstall a SCOM 2012 Test environment and CHANGE the Management server group . I thought I had everything covered, but when I performed the uninstall and reinstall of the Mgt server, I ran into a problem when it was time to add the Databases. I want to use the original "OperationsManager" database from before, but it won't allow me to...I get the error ""specific name of DB in use please provide a different DB name".
    I'm wondering how do I recreate this environment, with a different Management group name, and use the same operations database since it has all the data?

    I read that I may need to move the database to a new server, but this database has to stay on this particular SQL server so I can't use this option.

    In your opinion, how do you think I should handle this situation?

    Thanks again for your time and input.

    ReplyDelete